Monday, February 8, 2010

Company's Coming Crafts Card Making Challenge Day One



Last year my brother surprised me for no reason with this book. I looked it over and as much as it was nice I didn't think I would ever really have a reason for all those cards. Plus they were not my style.
Then this weekend I was looking through it again and decided why not make every card in the book? So for anyone who has this book please join me in this journey. For copywrite reasons I will not be able to post the original picture or instructions.
I will do my best to copy the cards as close as possible.
My goal is at the end of the book I will have grown as a card maker and will once again be able to design my own. I have lost my mojo. I keep trying but it is not coming back to me.
I will list the page the card came from and post the picture of my version.
I also do plan to use the Cricut as much as possible on each card.

Today's card is the first one in the book.
Page ten and eleven.
Hello and brackets from Designer Calendar
Quotes from Plantin Schoolbook
I did not have a one inch circle and I did not want to change paper 21 times on the Cricut, so I found a 1 inch flower punch and used that.
Paper is from The Slab III
The brown paper for the cut outs was from my scrap pile.
Edges inked with Stampin Up Close To Cocoa

No comments:

Post a Comment